Okay, so again I started out with a plain white top and tie-dyed it. I'm pretty sure you that if you're a regular reader of mine you will know how to tie-dye. If not then you can look back on some of my older posts and you will see. (its pretty easy once you've done it once I promise)
Step 1: Equipment
- Elastic Bands
- Wooden Awl
- Cutting mat
Step 2: Tie-dye
Like I said, I'm not going to show you again but if you are unsure, just look back at some of my older posts:)
Step 3: Making it more interesting...
I decided that I wanted to make the top more interesting so I thought I could make the back look like a corset back with the ribbon woven through it so..
- Put a cutting mat inside the top
- Use a craft knife to cut a slit down the back, DO NOT cut all the way down
- There is now a slit down the back
Step 4: Ribbon Holes
- Keep the cutting mat inside the top
- Take your wooden awl (you can buy these online here) and push through the fabric to create little holes
- Continue all the way down to the end of your slit
Step 5: Add the ribbon
- To make life a little bit easier put pins through the ends of your ribbon so that you can pull it through the holes easily
- Pull the ribbon through the holes
- Pull it as tight as you want or have it lose if you want, that's personal preference
- Keep going all the way down
- Tie in a bow at the bottom and cut off the extra ribbon
Ta-dah! Okay, I know its a bit off center and not quite perfect but for my first try I'm quite pleased with that!:)
What do you think of my tutorial? Did it make sense? Was it easy to follow? Any hints, tips or advice would be great!