So here's Phase 2 of the grey dress..
I decided I wanted to add fringes around the front neck area of the dress to give it a bit of flare... Here's how I did it!
Step 1: Equipment
- Sewing Machine
- Sewing Machine Equipment
Step 2: Fringes
- Remember that bit of spare fabric I told you to NOT throw out from phase 1?
- Cut the piece into 2 and pin around three edges
- This will mean that you will create 2 sets of fringes in case you want to use them for something else or layer them if you like
- Remember to not cut right the way up so leave a border along the top
- You'll need to pin the fringes around the neckline on the border bit at the top
- Try to leave a couple of mm's from the pin to the top of the neckline hem as that is where you will want to sew
- Once all pins are in and the fringes are secure to the dress, turn the dress inside out
TOP TIP - Always back tack at the start and end of sewing to prevent any threads from unraveling
PHASE 2 COMPLETE!