So yesterday I customized a playsuit that I bought 2 days ago... Here is a step by step guide to how I did it!
- Milton (a sterilizing fluid or type of bleach)
- Elastic Bands
- An empty spray bottle
Step 2: Pour the Milton into the spray bottle
- Use elastic bands to make spots of resistance to the Milton (like above)
- Always wear gloves to prevent irritation from Milton (and also if you get it on your skin it really stinks!)
TOP TIP - Put an elastic band around your wrist on top of the gloves to stop them from slipping off or any Milton/Dye/ect. getting to your hands
Step 5: Spray your garment
- Now this is the fun bit!
- Spray your garment wherever you want to create an effect!
- Remember to spray around the elastic bands to get the tie-dyed effect
TOP TIP - You never know what colour your Milton will make your fabric so be prepared for whatever turns out
- Hang your garment with ALL ELASTIC BANDS IN TACT on a clothes horse
- Always put newspaper underneath to catch the drips
- Leave over night
TOP TIP - Rinse your garment before putting it on the clothes dryer
Step 7: Completion
- Once dry remove all the elastic bands and look at your creation!
And there you have it! One tie-dyed playsuit!
There will be more customized items coming soon!
Let me know what you think:)